Info for passengers
If you cooperate, the bus service will also improve thanks to you.
- You can obtain information about timetables and fares by contacting ATAP or consulting our website: www.atap.pn.it
- Purchase your ticket before boarding a bus, and validate it in the ticket punching machine as soon as you are on board. If any problems should arise, immediately notify the bus driver;
- Raise your hand to request the bus to stop at the bus stop;
- When requested by an inspector, always show your ticket and a valid ID card;
- Before getting off the bus at the bus stop, press the bell and/or warning light in good time to signal the bus to stop;
- When appropriate, report any irregularities and provide any suggestions you wish;
..because we can only offer you a better bus service and one that best meets your requirements if you cooperate.
Rights and Obligations
When you purchase a ticket, a “contract of carriage “ is established between ATAP and the passenger, which features reciprocal rights and obligations.
- A safe and tranquil journey
- A continuous and guaranteed journey also due to rational integration between different means of transport
- Respected departure and arrival times, depending on traffic conditions
- Hygienic and clean means of transport and infrastructures
- Acknowledgement of staff and the work they do
- Easy access to claim procedures and a quick response to these
- Do not use means of transport without a ticket or a duly endorsed bus pass
- Do not occupy more than one seat
- Do not soil or damage means of transport or infrastructures
- Do not carry any harmful or dangerous items and observe the regulations concerning the transport of things and animals
- Comply with the instructions and provisions of the service and security staff
Has an irregularity been found with your ticket and you have been ordered to pay a fine?
Here is what you need to know...
A passenger must show the bus ticket and a valid ID card when requested by an ATAP ticket inspector.
Tickets must be validated in the ticket punching machine provided when you get on the bus. If the ticket punching machine is out of order, the driver must be promptly informed.
If a passenger does not have a ticket (or has a ticket that has not been validated) or has a ticket that is not valid, he/she must pay the administrative costs, the price of the standard ticket and the costs of this procedure.
The fine is applied under all circumstances in which the passenger:
- does not show a ticket or bus pass;
- shows a ticket /bus pass for a lower fare than the one prescribed for that specific section of the journey;
- shows a personal bus pass that has been filled in incorrectly, does not present an ID card or presents an ID that has expired;
- does not comply with the Rules of Carriage;
- shows a counterfeit or forged ticket/bus pass. In this case, please remember that the issuing or use of counterfeit or forged tickets is punishable by law (penal code) and that all false tickets will be immediately confiscated.
Under Article 35 of Regional Law no. 23/07, a passenger who has a personal bus pass and is not able to show it to a ticket inspector on request and who presents a ticket purchased on a prior date to the date of the inspection, will be obliged to pay a fine of €10,00 to the ATAP offices within the next five days.
Method of payment
Under Article 7 of Regional Law no. 01/84 and Article 35 of Regional Law no. 23/07, there may be a reduction in the afore-mentioned fines if paid:
- immediately to the ticket inspector, who will issue a receipt of payment;
- within 15 days of the date of the fine, if directly handed to the adult offender, at the Ufficio Contravvenzioni (Violations Office) in Via Candiani, n.26, Pordenone, from Monday to Friday, from 7.30am - 12.00pm and from 1.30 - 5.00pm. Payment may also be made by postal payment slip issued with the fine;
- within 15 days of the notification date, by postal payment slip no. 11258597 payable to ATAP S.p.A. or directly at the Ufficio Contravvenzioni.
In addition to the fine and the price of the standard ticket, the passenger must pay the administrative costs as specified on the fine.
If payment is not made in accordance with the aforesaid procedures and deadlines, ATAP will enforce measures under Article 11 of Regional Law no. 01/84, requiring the “maximum” fine, in addition to the price of the standard ticket between the bus terminals of the journey made, as well as the administrative costs involved. In this case, payment may be made by postal transfer to postal account no. 11258597 made out to ATAP S.p.A. for the total sum specified on the fine.
Complaints about confirmed fines
In the event of failure to acknowledge the offence, the offender has the right, within 60 days of receipt or notification of the fine, to send a written complaint to: ATAP – Ufficio Contravvenzioni – Via Candiani, n.26 – 33170 Pordenone
Any written complaint will be carefully examined by in-company staff. Following this, a positive (a written complaint will be filed) or negative (the passenger is not exempt from paying the fine) reply will be given.
The presentation of such written complaints does not entail the suspension of the terms of the procedure in progress. It does not bring about any reduction to the fine, and increases the costs of this procedure.
Furthermore, may we remind you that, in compliance with section 2 of Article 35 of Regional Law no. 23/07, if the same offence has been committed twice in one calendar year, a prescribed administrative sanction increased by fifty percent will be applied.
Expiry dates and terms
If no written claim is presented or no payment is made within 60 days, the entrusted body will impose a financial penalty in compliance with the procedures and terms prescribed by the regulations in force, charging the interested party any administrative costs incurred.